Friday, October 22, 2010

Darkness

Sometimes we walk in the valley of the shadow of death and it just doesn't feel like the Lord is near.

My son last night said something like this:

I just want to talk to Oma. I don't even need to see her, I just need to talk to her and now I won't until I die and that is just too long. I don't want to die, I want to stay living, but sometimes I want to die so that I can see her.

Every night we have a similar conversation at bed time.

We pray. I quote scripture to console him, but he wants her back at our home, cooking him breakfast, taking him to school and most of all listening to him ... which I am sorry to say I fall miserably short on.

Lord have mercy. Christ have mercy. Lord have mercy.

2 comments:

  1. As dark and as horrid as death and the darkness of this world is, your son will be a richer man having gone through this shadow of death with his dad and heavenly Father at his side.

    Blessed are the poor in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you, Jon? Erich and I started up Beggars All again. It would be great to have you on it again. (I PROMISE not to pull the plug on it again.)

    Indeed, we both have some caution about blogging again, but at any rate, we have grabbed our old address back from that weird commercial site that took it over.

    Hope all is well.

    Tim the Enchanter

    ReplyDelete